WELCOME TO "BreitLabs" -
YOUR AUDIO & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING AND BUSINESS SOLUTION!
Thank you for visiting BreitLabs, your technical AND business solution center for audio product development. Breitlabs is NOT your typical Audio Engineering consulting firm. We are able to develop audio products driven by business needs, can carry them through the product development and manufacturing cycle right into manufacturing if needed. We can also work "backwards" researching and compiling market research requirements to present to the client before initiating the product development process. You tell us what you need and we will can find the right fit.
Many companies have moved key business operations overseas or are now relying upon the suppliers to a level that is becoming detrimental in many cases. The "recipe" is often lost when a key person leaves a company so the link from the business side to the Engineering/Manufacturing is often broken. It is usually left to the Product/Project Manager to pull the programs back into sync if this happens but it is often impossible with today's higher technology products.
BreitLabs is often able to rebuild this bridge which is now often 5,000 miles and 12 time zones away. The "brain" of the business is Engineering but the "body" of the business is Product Management. Both must coexist or everything just stops. Please read below how you can re-link your business.
BREITLABS CAN LEAD YOUR BUSINESS THROUGH THE PRODUCT LIFE-CYCLE "MAZE"
BreitLabs is an Applications Engineering and business firm assisting in the development of professional, consumer home, and portable consumer electronic products. BreitLabs is also a business centric company building a technology "bridge" between the manufacturing company and the end user or marketing brand.
In addition to product development we are also able to do on-site acoustical studies using high quality test and measurement systems for the end user or under contract with a business such as home theater installations.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN!
I completely understand the daily business problems because I have walked in your shoes. I have worked in both the Engineering world AND the business worlds. Everyday was a challenge sometimes fighting the "other side" simply due to misunderstanding of simple technical issues or business profit issues that the "other side" did not understand or appreciate.
I have split my
career working in the Engineering Product Development and interfacing with Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineering, and a multitude of production issues. I have also worked in Product Management having to support the Sales people and manage the financials of many products and programs. The daily tussles usually fell into two camps - the people that touched product and the people that worried about the finances. This often resulted in business frustrations that became personal frustrations. You must admit it...everyone has been through this so I like to remind people to bring levity to the discussion.
Frustration #1: Engineers are "ignorant". Now that is strange way to begin a business relationship...or is it? As an Electrical Engineer why would I want to insult myself or fellow engineers? Honestly, it is true - most Engineers simply are unaware of the the business processes and needs. This may be choice by Management but my fellow Engineers have often failed to better learn and understand the business interface. This isolated relationship has been improving over recent years but it is still a problem when the Engineers simply don't understand the business impacts of their product designs or processes.
Frustration #2: Sales and Product people are "clueless". How many times have the Engineers been heard saying..."Those Sales and Product guys are simply clueless"! Skilled business managers have awoken to the value of good Engineers but the technology grows at a pace the Product and Sales people often cannot absorb without a technical or manufacturing background. Technical datasheets were once the "bible" of the Sales person who could "parrot" the verbiage but this simply is not good enough anymore. There must be a features and benefits understanding that is tangible and immediate which the Sales and Product people must be able to convey quickly and easily. In the marketplace a specs driven competition rarely wins the business where product now must have emotional connection which specs cannot define. We must rely upon our Sales and Product people to bring this to life.
BREITLABS BUSINESS BENEFITS
From a business standpoint, BreitLabs assists all the parties in several ways:
- Make money for the OEM/ODM: we are able to "filter" what the end brand and consumer wants preventing wasted time and effort for the manufacturing.
- Reduce time to market for the brands: by preventing communications problems with the engineering/manufacturing side (often Asian markets) and the business/Marketing side (often in the Americas or Europe) mistakes and simple misunderstandings are greatly reduced yielding reduced time which is faster revenue generation.
- Prevent overselling/over spec'g products: it is very common to ask too much from the manufacturing side be it costs or time. The OEM/ODM is also prevented from overselling
product designs that simply cannot achieve the advertised performance. In today's market it is critical to be very conservative in all business but also technical aspects.
BREITLABS TECHNICAL BENEFITS
BreitLabs focuses on three types of Audio Engineering:
- We take product engineering concepts and assist the OEM/ODM in merging or refining the technologies into a marketable product.
- A review is done from the user/consumer side doing market research creating a needs analysis and evolve this into a full engineering specification to initiate a product or send out for manufacturing quotations.
- We do on site acoustical measurements of speakers, electronics, and rooms. We can use this data to assist in development of new products, confirm existing designs, or forward to others for further analysis.
OTHER TECHNICAL/BUSINESS CAPABILITIES
Having spent over 30 years in the consumer electronics field we are able to add numerous other skill sets your company may be missing or simply weak on. Some of the other support functions we can provide include the following:
- Author catalogs and sales materials
- Field support for technical training and demonstrations
- On site factory visits and support
- Chinese translations
- Source additional test and measurement functions from industry colleagues
- Website building, digital audio/video editing and authoring
In addition to product development and business management, we are able to do numerous on site acoustical and electrical testing. Some of the testing possible includes the following:
- PC based 1/12 octave analysis RTA loudspeaker and room analysis
- LinearX based loudspeaker or in-situ testing
- Audio Precision electrical measurements of various electronics
- Neumann dummy head acoustical tests and headphone measurements
CLICK-HERE to learn more about the BreitLabs Services.